Capri, cropped trouser, pedal pusher..

During the struggles of WW2 however, women were to take the roles of their husbands. This meant that practical clothing was a necessity and looser workmen style trousers were to be worn.
Women welders 1943
Though trousers on women have been worn by women in earlier eras, it was post WW2 that I feel trousers became less of a practicality and more of a fashion statement.Women had found a new independence and now that the war was over it was time for them to wear luxury clothing once more and change appearances of the typical looser fit trouser that they knew.When I think of carpi trousers, I imagine the rockabilly's  the pin up's and the general fashionable women of the 1950's making trousers look flattering and fashionable
Audrey Hepburn
Victoria Beckham
Audrey Hepburn was known for her sleek style; often seen in Capri's and ballet pumps, she always worked the look and kept it classic. She reminds me of a recent Victoria Beckham, whilst attending the spice girls 'Viva Forever' premiere in London recently. This is the prefect picture of how the classic trend can be renewed again and again.
Marilyn Monroe
Marilyn Monroe is such a big icon of mine, that she just HAD to be mentioned in this post. She was known for her glamorous fashion and taking risks. Here however shows the side that many people didn't always get to see. A casual look of Monroe supporting the cropped trouser along with a turtle neck top. It look's very laid back but with a fashionable and sleek look. The 60's monochrome look is very on trend this S/S13 which is what also links the look to today's trends. 
Moscino S/S 2013
I have always been a fan of the Capri trouser, an early memory of me wearing this style trouser was when I was around 7 or 8 in the 90's supporting the pedal pusher/skirt combo, and did I feel ultra cool..yes I did. Dancing away to b*witched 'C'est la vie' in my godmothers living room. Now I am older, i still love the cropped look, i think it always look so sleek and fashionable on almost anyone. I am a big fan of the 50's and 60's style so it is a great way to express my love for those eras. Capri's will modernise any work suit and with a stiletto heel, not only this but they can also create a flirty and classic casual look with a ballet pump.So, Capri  cropped trouser, pedal pusher or whatever you want to call them, they are great for any look you want, and this is why I shall be supporting them this S/S 2013.
Angie Dickinson 1960's
Claudia Cardinale 1958




Comments

Popular Posts